squeak hogs memory on linux?

Greg Lewin greg at quokka.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 21:12:41 UTC 1998

In message <01bd94a0$d1635c70$26010b0a at woody.cvc.com>, James Rupert
<jrupert at airmail.net> writes
>Tim,
>
>Try a different video resolution.  I had a problem running out of memory on
>a VW image and it turned out to be a problem with the video driver.
>Changing to a different video resolution solved the problem.  The problem
>being that when the image came up, their was a walkback that tried to
>display, which couldn't, which caused a second walkback that tried to
>display, ... and so on:-)

good idea; I've just tried it, but no go I'm afraid :-(  though that has
been known to cause trouble with Digitalk Smalltalk/V on Windows. I
assume that by VW you mean VisualWorks, the PP version?  Just to confuse
matters, the Windoze executable for Smalltalk/V was always known as
vw.exe. (Digitalk, of course, never targetted Unix).

--
Greg Lewin