Morph Must Die!!! (a bug report)

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Fri Jun 12 16:52:52 UTC 1998

Chris -

>	  2) Eval "FlasherMorph allInstances size".  The number should
>             be 0 (unless you've created one already--I hadn't and I'm
>             assuming that you're using a vanilla image).

You may have found a problem.  However, you need to know that allInstances is only truly accurate immediately after a full garbage collection.  Therefore you should precede any such careful investigation by

	Smalltalk garbageCollect.

Squeak does many frequent garbage collections which may or may not fully reclaim a given unreferenced object.  This process is so effective that full garbage collection almost never occurs, so it can definitely look like there's a leak, even when there in none.

	- Dan