one more question: proxies

Nick Vargish nav at patriot.net
Fri Jun 5 16:40:12 UTC 1998

> How can I set up Squeak to make http connections out thru a firewall? Is
> it enough to set the proxy for HTTPSocket? Thanks.

It may not be. Earlier this week I posted a detailed note about proxy
firewalls and issues with client identification strings.

The short answer: If you're unable to use HTTPsocket even with proxy set,
use Muffin as a private proxy with the Secret Agent filter activated. You
can get Muffin from http://muffin.doit.org (and if squeak is your only
HTTP client, you'll have to find an ftp site :^).

If you need the long answer, let me know and I'll mail you the thing I
posted earlier.

Nick "At least I can help with _something_..."

--
Nick Vargish                  patriot.net/~nav                 nav at patriot.net
Unix Systems Engineer; C, C++, Java, Perl, Tcl, Lisp, Shell; Internet Security