Bug when opening Transcript

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Thu Jun 4 04:09:13 UTC 1998

wDargel at shoshana.com wrote:
>It seems as though the recent changes for pluggable views has left the
>Transcript with a few loose ends. For instance, another thing I just
>noticed about the Transcript is that selecting anything from the
>"more..." menu item gives "Message not understood:
>doMenuItem:paneID:from:".

Yes, it's true.  During the rewrite, the key to leverage was to make (nearly) everything use the same pluggable views.  I saw this also as an opportunity to make Transcript be a proper subclass of stream and therefore obey full stream protocol, not just most of it.  It's much cleaner now. The only thing is that the code is still young, and subject to the rash behavior of an adolescent.

....however all the above problems should be fixed by update #87, now out.

	- Dan