REQUEST: Polling PWS Use

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Jun 30 11:51:48 UTC 1998

At 5:34 AM -0400 6/30/98, Lex Spoon wrote:

>And *I* prefer the opposite :) Mainly because changing Reply-To:
>overwrites any Reply-To: that the original author had.  I'd rather
>have the choice and hit either R or F as appropriate, and possibly
>send someone an extra copy of the message, than risk a situation where
>I can't reply to the author at all.

>Jarvis, Robert P. writes:
> > For what it's worth I prefer lists which default to replying to the
> > list.
> > 99+% of the time I want my replies to go to the list, and it's a real
> > aggravation to have to remember to change the 'To:' line.
> >
> > Bob Jarvis
> > The Timken Company

Yes, yes, yes. I've been bit *both* ways. I'd prefer to be bit only one way
so that I can develop simple habits not dependant on discriminating between
messages with roughly the same header sent to two closely allied lists with
different reply-to behavoir ;).

Let's end the thread! It started with a mistake anyway.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.