More care with <PRE> & </PRE> please

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Mon Jun 15 16:43:41 UTC 1998

On Mon 15 Jun, Michael Irish wrote:

> On Friday, I investigated.  I think the problem is that people are
> using <PRE> & </PRE> inappropriately.
Surely the problem is in using _any_ html tags. This is supposed to be email, not attached web-pages. Some of us old traditionalists like to use email programs to read email, rather than web browsers.

Still, I suppose it could be worse. I've noticed a disturbing trend in people sending simple text messages as attached MSWord docs... particulary annoying for those of us that like to live in MS-free zones.

--
"Virtual" means never knowing where your next byte is coming from.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 856-7230 (w)