Browser is baaaaaaad

sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Tue Jun 23 16:49:00 UTC 1998

Hi.

1. Open up a browser. Go to the System-Support class category. Stand over
SystemDictionary. Start editing #openSourceFiles. Save something like more
comments. Edit a bit more. Don't save.

2. Open up another browser. Go to the same class category. Add a class
named AuthorInitialsManager.

3. Go to the first browser. Try to abort your newly edited method by
cancelling the changes.

Bang! You can't because the browser will try to find the compiled method
for #openSourceFiles in the wrong class. And you can't save either, so the
browser is somewhat useless. Ok, the problem in this case was that when I tried
to save, the compiler didn't find the variable names in the wrong class. So I
added the variable names, saved, killed the browser, deleted the variables
and the method.

I don't know how to fix this.

Andres.