Problems to ftp Squeak 2.0 on chip.cs.uiuc.edu

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon May 25 11:09:53 UTC 1998

Hi,

I really like to install the last version of Squeak but I cannot
get the files. Is there something wrong with the ftp or with waht I typed?

>Squeak 2.0 can now be found on the UIUC FTP server (chip.cs.uiuc.edu) in Sma=
>lltalk/Squeak/2.0.
>
>    Squeak2.0.sea.bin              (image, changes, and Mac VM)
>    SqueakV2.sources.sea.bin  (new sources file)

Here is the sequence I typed

ftp chip.cs.uiuc.edu
Connected to chip.cs.uiuc.edu.
220 chip FTP server (UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0) ready.
Name (chip.cs.uiuc.edu:ducasse): anonymous
530 User anonymous unknown.
Login failed.
ftp> bye
221 Goodbye.