Squeak 2.0 available

Tim Olson tim at jumpnet.com
Sat May 23 21:43:43 UTC 1998

>>To better learn Morphic, I've written a Morphic version of a board game I
>>first saw in X/Motif; sort of a "Tetris meets Solitaire" called
>>"SameGame".  You can download this from:
>This is really cool, Tim!  It's certainly an engaging game.

This game was played quite a bit in our group when it came out for the
Mac.  The competition for high score fell way off, though, when one
person got a lucky board and was able to select a group of over 40 tiles.

>Mine fell into a debugger at the end of each game until I added
>
>    tilesRemaining
>        ^ self submorphCount
>
>to SameGameBoard.

Oops - my apologies; it turns out that the last-minute changes I made
went into a different change set, to the fileout didn't get them.  I have
updated the change set on my web page.

The implementation of tilesRemaining should be:

tilesRemaining

	^ (submorphs reject: [:m | m disabled]) size

>It's so fine to have games in a live environment.  My son asked "how is
>that score figured?" and I said, "Well, just a minute..."  <click> <click>
> "Hmm, ah, yes..."  <click> <click> "here it is..."

Yeah!  Although it's also quite tempting to use the halo's to inspect and
change the color of a "stubborn" tile ;-)

     -- tim