Squeak Sound and NT

John Albert Fehr jfehr at sprintmail.com
Tue May 19 17:55:26 UTC 1998

Greetings

The Squeaky Wheel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I mentioned several weeks ago that I was having trouble
> getting sound files to play clearly using Squeak on a NT
> platform. All the other sound files I have work just fine
> on NT as long as I do not run them from Squeak. The problem
> is the same in beta 2.0 as it was in 1.31.
>
> I am currently just booting into Win95 on the same machine
> to and the sound in Squeak is great but this is sort of
> inconvenient because I do almost everything else from NT.

I am working with Squeak 1.31 on NT and 95 and I have experienced the opposite effect.  Sounds great on WinNT, problems on Win95 -- especially with MIDI.  Since I am usually on NT, I haven't thought about it and I figured the problem (infrequent skipping/dropout, fuzziness) was just a *feature* of Win95 or my SB-16 drivers under Win95.

By the way, I wish I had thought of your handle first.  Speaking of which, "Hey Paul F., got your ears on?  Any ideas about this issue?"  8-)   -John

John Albert Fehr
Ranch to Market, Inc.
PO Box 162404
Austin, Texas  78716-2404