Getting Updates via a Proxy server

Ted K. tedk at wdi.disney.com
Wed May 13 05:50:22 UTC 1998

Folks,
	Tom Robinson asked how to get updates if you are behind a firewall and can only get to the outside by using a Proxy Server.  We have code in the system for that.

	Find out the name of your proxy server (name or number is ok), and the port it uses.  Put those into this statement, execute it once, and save your image.

HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: '127.0.0.1' port: 8080.

	Anytime you want to, ask for updates.  Or use any other http service in Squeak.

If you ever want to stop using the proxy server, just execute this.

HTTPSocket stopUsingProxyServer.

--Ted.

Ted Kaehler,   Walt Disney Imagineering, R&D
(home) 3415 Cork Oak Way, Palo Alto, CA  94303.  voice (650) 424-1070
http://www.webPage.com/~kaehler2/
Give me any old Macintosh and I'll put it in a first grade classroom!