PluggableListView bug in 2.0?

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Sun May 24 23:28:14 UTC 1998

Tim -

>I'm trying to track down a bug I've been seeing in Squeak 2.0 -- it
>occurs when you open up a new File List and select a folder; in some
>cases it fails into the debugger when the PluggableListView attempts to
>send #controlTerminate to controller, and controller is nil.
>
>The things you have to do to make the fail occur are strange -- when you
>open up the new File List, make sure that the cursor is within the bottom
>or top right-hand panel, and don't move the cursor outside of these
>panels before clicking on a folder in the File List.  If you move the
>cursor to the top left-hand panel or outside of the File List browser,
>the bug goes away.
>
>Has anyone else seen this, or can they recreate the problem with my
>description above?

Yes.  It's a result of a horrible kluge surrounding the fact that the new pluggable lists don't do ctlTerminate (removes scrollbar) when you click on them.  In the fileList this is a problem because clicking in the right pane can change the left pane, overwriting the scrollbar (but not in Morphic!).

I will put out a slightly better kluge tomorrow.

	- Dan