Updates 'R' Us on Win95

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Tue May 26 21:24:05 UTC 1998

> >Under Win95, bring up a clean image, perform auto code updates, double click
> >the top left hand corner of Squeak window and quite without save.  You
> >should then see this GPF error.
>
> I'm not an expert in the Windows VM, but you should never quit Squeak
> on any platform other than by using the Squeak quit menu.  This is
> because the VM needs a chance to clean up after itself, especially when
> you have opened network connections.

You're right but people commonly use it and it *should* be no problem
after all. However, this particular case gave me a chance to track down
a really ugly little bug. So a big thanks for discovering this -- it
actually happened every now and then that the VM crashed on exit. Now I
finally found the reason for it.

  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+