Squeak 2.0 on WindowsCE

Alejandro F. Reimondo alereimondo at sugarweb.com
Sat May 9 14:29:14 UTC 1998

I'm working to port Squeak 1.3x to WinCE platform.
Changes that has been made to version 1.2 must
 be redone when porting to 1.3x, but considering
 VM upgrade too.

If we will have a release version of Sq2.0 I will greatly
 appreciate the porting to be considered in the new
 version of the VM for Windows Platform.

My 1.3 version of VM is starting to run but with some
 minor problems, I want to help in the new 2.0 version;
 but I don't know if I want to continue working on 1.3
 or start with beta of 2.0 when available for windows.

What can I do? continue with 1.3 or wait to 2.0 ...
Another question:
I try to shrink the image with the recommended
 method, but an unhandled error in the last stage
 cause my smalltalk to exit to system.
Must I try to see what is happening or is recommended
 to continue using the 1.2 image.

I'm interested in squeak 1.3VM to implement sqAPIs
 on WinCE; and if I can do this, it will be a good Smalltak
 platform to develop applications using THE Casiopeia
 and not a ridiculous +64Mb WinNT Station to write
 stupid C++ or Basic code (and wait +20min to test
 code when it is changed).

Ale.