problem after using "update from server"

William O. Dargel wDargel at shoshana.com
Wed Nov 11 00:32:04 UTC 1998

thomas k. wrote:

> I recently updated 2.2 using the "update from server" feature. Now, if I
>
> open Squeak while I'm not online, a message window appears after a few
> seconds which says:
>
>                 Trouble resolving server name. Keep trying?
>                                         Retry
>                                         Give up

I don't have any answers as to what might be causing this. But my suggestion
would be to see what it is trying to do when this come up. Something is
trying to access the net. When the message window appears, interrupt it with
a Cmd-"." (that's Cmd-key and "period") [On windoze that would be Alt-"."
(or even Ctrl-Break)].  That should give you a notifier with the stack of
messages sends.  You should be able to open up the debugger and poke around
at that point.

Hope that helps.

Bill Dargel            wdargel at shoshana.com
Shoshana Technologies
100 West Joy Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105  USA