But what about Flash? (Re: Toward the next release...)

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Wed Nov 4 04:37:20 UTC 1998

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wrote:
---really neat history of the Flash vector graphics format snipped---

When Dan mentioned the possibility of supporting the Flash format, I'm
afraid it meant nothing to me. Thanks for your excellent history of the
technology. Now _I'm_ excited too.

One thing though -- Macromedia is hardly giving away the candy store in
their Flash open file format package. The swfparse code is a nice start,
but it's hardly a reference implementation is it? You still get to
implement all the primitives yourself. [Yeah I know - I'd bitch if they
hung me with a new rope. <g>]

-- Dwight