2.3 beta buglets

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Sun Nov 29 22:02:16 UTC 1998

>Something odd is going on with the Tracer -- it produces an image somewhat
>bigger than 6Mb, which starts up ok and saves back to 4-ish MB. Rather
>spoils the 'coffee-break garbage collector' story doncha think? It seems to
>be a recent problem, as older images clone same/smaller as appropriate. I
>though it might be related to the Display size/depth, but seem to have
>ruled that out. Maybe the WeakArrays need more careful cloning?

Methinks it's because Squeak compresses all its Forms in a normal snapshot, but the image running the systemTracer will have expanded many of them (such as fonts).  I would try
	Form shutDown
at the beginning of writeClone.  Also, I'm not sure if we clamp the displayScreen.  If not, that would make a difference, or you could at least go to color depth 1 before writing the image.

Hope this helps.

	- Dan