FAQ: Re:problem with sources

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Tue Nov 17 14:04:06 UTC 1998

Jason,
The last time I saw this happen, there was an 'off by one' problem in the
sources file. As I recall, the sources file was downloaded missing a byte, a
result of a communications misunderstanding with the server. This results in
the missing character in the front of some methods. Methods that are before
the missing byte look fine, the ones after the missing byte are, well,
missing a byte. As always, if the system doesn't look correct after
downloading, it probably didn't download correctly.

jb