Help building Squeak VM w/VC 5.0

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Sat Nov 14 20:53:30 UTC 1998

> Followiwng the directions in the win32 source download, I had the following
> problem:
> 	The winmm.dll file is reported as "corrupt or unusable".

Reported by whom?!

> 	Then wsock.dll file does not exist.
>
> I guessed that the files needed where in c:\winnt\system32; is this correct?.

Yes.

> Are there newer instructions for building the VM on later versions of VC++?

The above sounds to me as if you've tried to add winmm.dll and wsock.dll
to your linker settings. Please note that you have to add winmm.LIB and
wsock32.LIB to the linker settings. This should do the trick.

  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+