Scamper history in MVC

Jochen Schneider josch at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Nov 30 08:09:04 UTC 1998

Hi,

when you run the Scamber web browser in MVC, the history function doesn't
work for me in MVC. It seems to be because the history menue is created
with reference to the morphic "World", which is nil in MVC (even for a MVC
window).

A quick'n dirty hack which I attached below is to get the "primaryHand"
from one of the dependents of Scamper, which are morphic most of the time
(which could be checked for). That doesn't look right, because a model is
making assumptions about its views. Any other suggestions?

	Jochen

'>From Squeak 2.3 beta of Nov 25, 1998 on 30 November 1998 at 08:56:34'!
!Scamper methodsFor: 'menus' stamp: 'js 11/30/1998 08:42'!
displayHistory
	"let the user selecet a previous page to view"
	| menu |
	menu _ MenuMorph entitled: 'Recent URLs'.
	menu defaultTarget: self.
	menu addStayUpItem.
	menu addLine.
	recentDocuments

		reverseDo: [:doc | menu
				add: doc url toText
				selector: #displayDocument:
				argument: doc].
	menu popUpAt: Sensor mousePoint forHand: self dependents first primaryHand! !