Subclass problem

Ivan Brusic ivan at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 10 03:27:45 UTC 1998

I am relatively new to Squeak/Smalltalk, so I am unable to debug the
following problem:

I attempted to add an ivar to the Morph class, but upon recompilation the
debugger stated that the ivar was defined in another class (SketchMorph).

I corrected the problem by changing the variable's name, but now
almost all the subclass of Morph do not recognize that Morph is their
superclass.

Upon further inspection, it appears that there are two definitions of
Morph in the system.  Executing "implementors of it (m)" on a
method defined in Morph returns two methods.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

--

"Computers are nothing but a perfect illusion of order" - Iggy Pop

Ivan Brusic
Graduate Student
GVU Center & College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology