Serious problem with Squeak 2.2 on Win NT

David LeBlanc whisper at accessone.com
Sun Nov 15 01:33:29 UTC 1998

Hi;
Using the distribution binary (not one I built myself), Squeak, when idle,
uses 100% of one of my dual Pentium Pro 200mhz processors. This is reported
by the task manager. This seems continuous and I would think the MM would
have scavenged  everything after some short time had passed.

If this was a single cpu system, it would be virtually unusable for
anything but Squeak when it is running.

This is seen on Windows NT Workstation, version 4.0sp4. System is a dual
Pentium Pro 200mhz with 256mb of memory.

Sincerely,

Dave LeBlanc