Frivolity was: Units package (was Method names)

Michael S. Klein mklein at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Nov 10 08:16:07 UTC 1998

> > How in the world are you goind to define #per  ????
> >
> > Also, #squared would square the whole result, not just the last unit.
>
> 	>>per could answer some funky thing like a fraction which has yet to
> get a denominator. That thing could know that >>squared means to square
> the denominator.

Actually, in context, squared associates just with the immeadiately leftmost
unit.

As for #per, I think you are underestimating the amount of funkiness
required to pull this off given Smalltalk semantics.

> 	I think there's a fair way to go before it gets rediculous. :)  I like
> it so far.

I think we've run the only traffic light in the Ridiculous town limits.

> Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]

I tried evaluating this in Squeak.... It corrected it to:

	Smalltalk do: [:it | Url with: Class, (AbstractSound leave: it)]

Is there something I should file in first :-?

I particularly liked the way Squeak corrected #love: to #leave:
I wonder if the system is trying to tell me something.