Anyone using alternative input devices with Squeak?

Gerardo Richarte gera at core-sdi.com
Fri Nov 13 21:40:11 UTC 1998

Ale asked:

> Does anoyone know any low cost VR globes ?

    I started a project to do one with some friends some time ago, but
we didn't finished it, BUT a friend of mine have done one lately, it's
very cheap and easy to do (I will ask him to make one for me... I'll let
you know), it's not as good as I would like, but it's something: it can
only measure a finger closing to the palm, not lateral moves nor
twisting. And it only has one sensor per finger (which is better than
nothing, but not as good as three, as it should be)
    It only uses a LED (light) per finger, and LDR (light level
detection) and a hose. It measures how much each hose is folded.

    Folded Bye!
    Richie++