HTTPSocket proxy authentication

Bruce O'Neel bruce_oneel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 10:52:13 UTC 1998

Hi,
  I think that one of the places for a fairly long and involved
discussion would be RFC 2068, the HTTP 1.1 RFC.  One source is:

http://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/ftp/doc/standard/rfc/20xx/2068

though this is probably pessimal from your bit of the world.  Other
choices for RFC servers are listed at:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Standards/RFCs/

Cheers.

bruce

---Chris Double <chris at cnd.co.nz> wrote:

> The proxy at work requires authentication when using it. I have to
supply a
> user id and password. Has anyone done any work on allowing the
HTTPSocket
> proxy code to work using authentication? At the moment I've hacked
in the
> correct Proxy-Authentication string which allows me to be
authenticated so I
> can use Scamper and the remote updates, etc. But I have no idea how
this
> authentication code is generated.
>
> Can someone provide a reference to some code (in any language) or
documents
> that describe the protocol for this? Or even better, is there some
Squeak
> code ferreted away that already does it?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris.

==
Bruce O'Neel - beoneel at acm.org