MorphicWrappers Propaganda

Leandro Caniglia caniglia at dm.uba.ar
Wed Nov 25 04:36:24 UTC 1998

Hi everybody!

All squeakers are invited (one more time, I know) to download and try the
MorphicWrapper package.

http://www.dm.uba.ar/MathMorphs (search them under the title
"MorphicWrappers and Books")

(For those of you that allready have the package, consider downloading this
new version)

MorphicWrappers where first implemented by Luciano <Luciano at core-sdi.com>
and Richie <gera at core-sdi.com> in the times when many people at Sugar were
trying to understand Morphic. They did the work as a way to learn Squeak.
Now the package has grown into a useful framework. Some other people have
contributed to the package too:

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il>
Pablo Malavolta <murphy at ba.net>
Valeria Murgia <valeria at sugarWeb.com>
Leandro Caniglia <leandro at sugarWeb.com>

With MorphicWrappers installed in your image, you enjoy some nice
properities:

- Any object is able to live in a Morphic World.
- Any Squeak expression can be written and evaluated on the air.
- You send messages dragging and droppoing objects (the arguments) and
double clicking the receiver.
- You edit Squeak Classes using ClassMorphicWrappers.
- You never need a Workspace and almost never open a Browser when
programming.

For example, with MW installed you don't need FillInTheBlankMorph any more!
Instead you use RequestBoxMorph which is polymorphic to the former but has
the (exceptional) ability to request *any* object, not just a String!

Using MW is real cool. Please, try them and send us your feedback, we will
stay here waiting for your comments. Also take into account that all
contributions on ideas, bug reports, or code will be wellcome.

Many thanks
Leandro (for the MW team)