Where can I get some etoys?

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Nov 5 02:02:47 UTC 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:32:34 -0500  "Houston, Bob" <bobh at Rational.Com> wrote:
>I had the opportunity to see Alan do his etoy demo last week.  Wow!  This
>stuff is really cool!!
Bob,

I was there, too, and it was DYNAMITE! I have come away with a greater appreciation for Squeak. It's not _just_ a better Smalltalk, but much more (though I personally hope we never lose sight of the Smalltalk part). I am re-energized to view Morphs as real things to play with and not just cool classes to include in code.

I, too, enjoyed the car demo and demonstrated it to a fellow squeaker a few days later at work. Leaning over his shoulder it took me just a few minutes to get it working (and this was only my second attempt at Morphic scripting). My colleague decided this was the best advertisement for Morphic he had yet seen.

SO, Alan, if you are listening, - GREAT JOB - keep it up.

Cheers,
Bob

P.S. - Alan - Did you sent a free set of mouse ears to the poor folks who followed your act? They had an impossible task and managed not to flee in terror.