HELP with font sizes on browsers etc.

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Sun Nov 15 17:28:45 UTC 1998

>>>If someone could please point me to where to adjust the font size values,
>>>i'd be very grateful.

>By the way, a very handy trick when you are looking for something like
>this is to type some plausible keyword into a workspace (e.g.
>"fontsize"), select it, and perform "Selectors containing it" (in the
>shifted Yellow button menu), (cmd-shift-W).  Up will pop a list of all
>selectors in the system that contain the phrase you typed.  In this case,
>the TextStyle class method above was the third one on the list.

Or, open a (ta-da) selector finder (in 'open...' menu, new with 2.2), type "fontsize" into the top-left pane, and cmd-s to accept.  The pane below will automatically fill with all the "selectors containing it".  If you click on one, then the pane to the right will show all implementors of that message.  Finally, if you click on one of those, it will open a full browser pre-selected to that method.

It's only marginally better if you have to open one of these each time, but if you keep one around (collapsed), it really makes this kind of search significantly easier.

Credit goes to Scott Wallace who said such a feature would be a real convenience, and Ted Kaehler who built it on the next weekend.

	- Dan