Interfaces ala Java for Squeak

GTE/staypufd staypufd at gte.net
Thu Nov 19 03:40:36 UTC 1998

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone would like to see Squeak extended with
something kind of like "Interfaces" in Java.  I was thinking that this
would be a nice way of documenting and inforcing at class acceptance time
that a particular interface was fully implemented in terms of the methods
being defined or inherited by a class.

The idea is to extend the class definition right after the
poolDictionary: section with something like supportedInterfaces: and when
you did an accept, the methods defined on that interface would be
auto-inserted with some 'self halt' code in the bodies of each one and
maybe a call to super if the super classes supported the same interface.

What do you all think?

Sam Griffith Jr.
staypufed at aol.com