Squeak running on Japanese PDA

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Fri Nov 20 15:59:08 UTC 1998

Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> It now has a place of honor on my wall.  BTW, I noticed the 26
> benchFib line in there.   If you don't mind, what does
> [26 benchFib] timeToRun
> return?

  If the inlining is on (big and (supposed to be) fast
interpreter), the result is around 7000 on faster versions
of Zaurus.  If the inlining is off, the result will be three
times bigger than that. (I can't tell the actual result
now.)

  Note that if the executable is bigger than 128k, ZaurusOS
starts paging for binary segment, and the non-inlined
version of VM is just smaller than 128k.  So, the difference
of the results of micro benchmark doesn't reflect the
performance of 'real' applications.  They runs much faster
on non-inlined VM.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology