Thoughts for development from a lurker

Markus Kohler markus_kohler at bbn.hp.com
Fri Oct 9 06:18:16 UTC 1998

Stephen Travis Pope wrote:

> Brian Klump wrote:
>
> > I don't know enough about the "guts" of Squeak to even consider
> > starting a project such as this, but on the topic of cross platform
> > GUIs has anyone looked into Fltk at all?  (http://fltk.easysw.com/)
> > Just some more fuel for the fire....
>
> This looks quite interesting, but is not that portable (i.e., no Mac support).

I think in general the question is also if we really should use a
crossplatform
GUI framework. Of course that would be less work for us because the
layer
that hides the platform specific code would be already done.
On the other side implementing this layer in Squeak could also have
advantages.

Markus

Markus Kohler  mailto:markus_kohler at hp.com