Thoughts for development from a lurker

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Thu Oct 8 15:16:17 UTC 1998

On the subject of customizable GUI look/feel frameworks such as KDE and
Enlightenment, one should also mention the popular Mac-based Kaleidoscope
package, for which literally hundreds of L/F schemes have been developed. These
can include window borders and label bar boxes, cursors, screen backgrounds,
desktop icons, animation behaviors, etc. If we could think of a way to read
Kaleidoscope "look" files into Morphic world L/F descriptors, we could instantly
import lots of different looks...

stp
--

_ Stephen Travis Pope
_ Center for Research in Electronic Art Technology (CREATE)