subsumption project

Dave Astels astels at audesi.com
Wed Oct 28 22:04:14 UTC 1998

Jerome Garcia wrote:

>      > My job these days involves working on an embedded Java project in a
>      VxWorks environment (see http://www.audesi.com) ... has there been any
>      work towards a headless, embedded real-time Squeak?  This is another
>      project that would be interesting to pursue.
>      >

>      Does your planning also include formalization of a "Smalltalkish"
>      mechanism for communication and syncronization between various
>      headless embedded images on distributed hardware?

The project I am currently working on (the subsumption VM) won't involve
an embedded "image".

>      Also, have you given any thought to the development of automatic
>      generation of simulators for embedded software? ... It can sometimes be a bit of a
>      pain to develop simulators and they tend to get out of date if not
>      constantly watched.

No I haven't.  It certainly is a problem. We've had to keep on top of
that in my project at work.

Dave

--
Dave Astels                     The people who are crazy enough
Software Engineer               to think they can change the world,