Prototypes, classes, blue, pink, etc.

Patrick Logan patrickl at servio.gemstone.com
Tue Oct 13 16:44:00 UTC 1998

I get excited about all kinds of different software technologies. At
the same time I see the world in general spending a lot of effort on a
narrow range of technologies: Java, CORBA, "enterprise beans", HTML,
XML, and one or two others.

I'd also like to see a discussion from another tack: what are the big
problems that need solutions in various domains? e.g. "I would like to
create a ___ but it's too hard because ___."

What do we need Squeak for, and why is the current Squeak
insufficient?

Patrick Logan                 mailto:patrickl at gemstone.com
Voice 503-533-3365            Fax   503-629-8556
Gemstone Systems, Inc         http://www.gemstone.com

"I am not a Church numeral; I am a free variable!"