The State of Exceptions

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Mon Oct 12 02:47:37 UTC 1998

At 02:12 PM 10/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
>However, there is no unwind support in the VM.
>I suspect that some aspects of VisualWork's exception mechanism could be
>simulated using ifError:, but the lack of unwind support might be a problem.

John,
what exactly is the issue here with unwind support? i remember you asking
something along these lines a while back, but i don't remember replying.
that's probably because i didn't (don't) understand the issue here. when i
ported the exceptions code to squeak, i wasn't aware of any cases that it
didn't handle.

dave

--
        j. david farber