Thoughts for development from a lurker (fwd)

Gerardo Richarte gera at core-sdi.com
Thu Oct 8 23:14:17 UTC 1998

Alan Kay said:
> At 4:59 AM -0000 10/8/98, Mark Wai wrote:
> -- snip --
>
> >As a side note, I would have to say that Squeak is not only good for
> >learning Smalltalk/OO but a good live document for computer science in
> >general.  I think Squeak would be an ideal environment to teach, demo,
> >explore and even change/extend for any computer science class ranging from
> >graphics, compiler, electronic music, internet programming, networking, ....
>
> This, in a nutshell, is one of our main nearterm goals -- especially (a) a
> "total" environment, and (b) "a good live document for computer science in
> general".
>
> All on the Squeak list, please think about helping this along over the next
> year.

	There is a Math course at Buenos Aires University that is using
Squeak as blackboard... Do you want to see it? Take a look at
http://www.dm.uba.ar/MathMorphs. There you'll find some BookMorphs,
examples, and some work done by pupils on last year. Leandro Caniglia is
the professor and you can reach him through this list.
Leandro: I'm sorry, but I couldn't keep my mouth closed...

	Talkative Bye!
	Richie++