Structure of objects and execution (with effects on visual programming, and reversible debugging, )

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Sun Oct 25 01:10:22 UTC 1998

Since the muddled commentary of my previous message did not make it
clear, I do *not* like the idea of spending a lot of time and effort
building tools directly on top of compiled methods. This ties a
non-negligible amount of the image to a specific bytecode set and
representation and could create considerable inertia to moving to new VM
representations, new bytecode sets, native compilation,... if a lot of
this must be recreated.

Just my $0.02.

-- Dwight