Thoughts for development from a lurker

Patrick Logan patrickl at servio.gemstone.com
Thu Oct 8 19:56:00 UTC 1998

    > Or, thinking of MkLinux on my PPC machine, what if the SqueakVM
    > were an alternative library to run on the Mach kernel...

    Now that's a good concept! I've thought about that, too. Having
    Squeak as a personality on a Mach Kernel is as good as a native
    SqueakOS, or maybe even better because you can run it in parallel
    with other OSesthat you might need. Too bad that my Performa does
    not yet run MkLinux, otherwise I would probably have started that
    project already...

What are the implications of this? What does it mean to have "Squeak
as a personality" as opposed to having Squeak as an application?

Patrick Logan                 mailto:patrickl at gemstone.com
Voice 503-533-3365            Fax   503-629-8556
Gemstone Systems, Inc         http://www.gemstone.com