Streaming on OrderedCollection

Travis Griggs tgriggs at keyww.com
Thu Sep 3 18:42:01 UTC 1998

Maurice Rabb wrote:

> >The better solution
> >seems to be able to use a write stream on the result object and use
> >nextPut: to add to it. But that doesn't work for OrderedCollections
> >either. IMO, that SHOULD work. I didn't bother digging into why it
> >doesn't yet, I was curious if there was a good reason for it not
> >working? The current pattern of implementation seems more suited for
> >ArrayedCollection.
>
> I agree.  Since a WritesStream only use #at:put: to stream on its
> collection you can't used an OrderedCollection.  There has got to be away
> around this.

Obviously, the following:

OrderedCollection new writeStream nextPut: Object new

works on STX and VW. I assume VA as well. Does anyone have an objection to
fixing the WriteStream - OrderedCollection interworkings so that nextPut:'ing
into an OC works?

--
Travis Griggs
Key Technology
tgriggs at keyww.com
Smalltalk - 100% Pure Objects, Always had 'em, Always will!