Preparing for OOPSLA

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Mon Sep 28 05:57:30 UTC 1998

Folks -

While The Squeak Team decided not to submit any paper this year to the OOPSLA technical program, we will all be there (Alan may not make it), and we are planning to host a "Birds of a Feather" (BOF) session tentatively sheduled for Tuesday evening, October 20th.

We plan to give a few demos in Squeak 2.2, show some forthcoming features in 2.3, and say a few words about what else we are working on for the next few months.

We have in mind a session of roughly 90 minutes, and we hope to be able to cover our material in half that time.  We would be interested to see demos or brief presentations from other people in the Squeak community in the remainder of the available time (which could probably stretch beyond 90 minutes if there is continuing interest).

If you would like to present some of your work, please send a brief message summarizing
	Presenter
	Topic
	Equipment needs
	Time needed.
This will help us to ensure a reasonable process during the time available.

We plan to have a couple of Mac G3 PowerBooks, and a nice projection display as well.  Hopefully with a bit of advanced planning, we can get most of the demo software installed on these machines before we leave for Vancouver.

If you reply directly to me, rather than to the Squeak list, I can send out a summary in a few days to reduce traffic on the mail list.

Thanks in advance.

	- Dan (for The Squeak Team)