Simple Question

Randy Siler rsiler at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 28 11:27:29 UTC 1998

Could some kind soul give me a little hand up with this very simple task
that is none the less baffling me:

Could you show me a code snippet that will allow me to:

    Open an existing file for reading
    Open a new file for writing
    Read the input file a line at a time
    Write the line into  the output file

I'm lost trying to locate this in the myriad of classes.

Thanks very much and sorry to bother you all with such a mundane question.

Randy Siler    Coordinator, CIDR Computing
Center for Instructional Development & Research
396 Bagley Hall, BOX 351725      VOICE: 206/543-0751
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON           FAX: 206/685-1213
SEATTLE, WA 98195-3050
EMAIL: siler at cidr.washington.edu