Easy access to common resources Was: Arrrgh...Mini Squeak FTP directory name contains spaces

Michael S. Klein mklein at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 28 19:10:55 UTC 1998

While we are on the subject... Since we are in Smalltalk, and the image &
changes files are portable accross all platforms, perhaps we could put them
somewhere in an uncompressed, unziped, untarred, (etc) form.
(I am suggesting this be done in addition to, not instead of using
your favorite opaque compression techmique)

I know that this would increase the bandwidth, but then people who dont
know how to easily deal with BinHex, stuffit, gzip, or whatever, don't
have to.

After all, we are only talking about 2 files... (ok, three with the readme)

-- Mike Klein

mklein at alumni.caltech.edu