Definition of Squeak revisited

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Thu Sep 3 13:56:56 UTC 1998

I have posted an EBNF definition of Squeak 2.1 to:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.409

>From the preface:

"This is an EBNF definition of Squeak 2.1 -- it should be considered
only a snapshot of Squeak at this version. It is NOT a "standard" for
Squeak - just a record of where Squeak is now. Squeak was created to
evolve - this definition should evolve with it.

Preliminary Version (2 Sep 1998)-- it lacks the "brace_constructor"
syntax and needs a lot more annotation. It also begins at method
definition level -- I would like to extend it in a manner similar to the
ANSI Smalltalk syntax definition to include more of the system. I would
also appreciate someone checking this for any boneheaded mistakes and/or
omissions. This document began life as an EBNF translation of the
BlueBook railroad diagram of Smalltalk-80 syntax."

 -- Dwight Hughes (mailto:dwighth at ipa.net)