Toward a great Mini Squeak for PDA's

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Thu Sep 24 19:32:06 UTC 1998

Dan,

Your plan sounds wonderful.  To the extent that I'll have time in the next
few weeks, I'd love to interact with you on your work.

A couple comments:
* As you know, the work in my group is (not yet) focused on Win-CE devices.
So I'd like to exercise your builds on Palm OS devices and some
experimental hardware that we have.
* With respect to the porting (handwritten C) code, will your target be the
Mac?  That is, for each version of your Mini-Squeak, will we have the
equivalent of the SqMinimal.c file that John Maloney produced several
months ago?
* I hope there will be some configuration options.  For example, we'd like
to leave the networking code in our builds.

Mike Wirth