Updating old 2.1 images to 2.2 (limited interest)

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Tue Sep 15 23:26:14 UTC 1998

Folks -

The beta release should be on its way this evening.

For those of you who are updating old versions of Squeak, I have just put out another 40 or so updates on the update servers.  These are tied to the new version name, so in order to see them, you will have to reset the version number of your image.

Here's the full procedure, if you want to move a 2.1 image forward with continuity,

	* get all updates (the last of 2.1)
	    ...the last should be number 227
	* execute...
	    EToySystem eToyVersion: 'Squeak2.2beta' date: '10 September 1998'.
	* get all updates again (the current set for 2.2)
	   ...this should get you up to around 268

Good luck, and please let me know offline if you have any problems /or/ if it works for you (I am curious if anyone is trying to maintain independent forks).

Thanks
	- Dan