Thinking about a better UI

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at it-iq.com
Thu Apr 15 13:07:10 UTC 1999

[...]
> you must maximize the window just to have any space to
> see what you
> opened the app for in the first place -- one reason I
> actually like the
> Squeak flopout scrollbars and the lack of all the usual gadgetry.

Definitely.  Window decoration is there to be removed.  I really dislike
apps where you can *only* do something from a toolbar --- not only do I have
to swap to the mouse, but it's taking up pixels I want to use for another
job.

> A 1280x1024 19" screen seems to be the point at which I finally stop
> maximizing things all the time under Windows.

Ah, my home box :-).  The only thing that stays maximised on there is
Squeak --- and I'd still love to see multiple 'screens' in Squeak so that I
could intermingle Squeak windows with my native OS windows.

		- Peter