[another Buglet] & a question about fonts

Reinier van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Fri Apr 23 00:14:08 UTC 1999

Chris,

about fonts (I am writing this at the top of my head):

1) Fonts are still a weak point;
2) You can create or import (strike) fonts easily if you know how;
3) I have a font viewer dialog available which could be turned into a font
selection dialog;
4) What you see in Squeak are mostly text styles (of which a font is a part)
5) Not all fonts are in the global variabele TextConstants;
6) The font viewer dialog knows how to grab fonts and turn them into text
styles;
7) Setting a text style or font does not last:
    for that you have to modify
    ListParagraph class>>initialize and
    Paragraph class>>withText:
8) Fonts present in previous Squeak versions are still available at my
download site;
9) The idea that the current font design is soon obsolete kept me from
writing what I know down somewhere;
    (Dan, if you're reading this, can you comment on that?)

Doei, Reinier.