3D prims on unix

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Apr 22 00:39:54 UTC 1999

Joshua,

What you need is a '.so' file (being a 'shared object') and not just the
'.o' files. Generating the shared objects is done by a separate linker pass
and I *think* this is not (yet) integrated in the Unix makefiles. Thus, your
..o file is useless for the purpose of using it with Squeak - it lacks
critical information and I'm sort of amazed that it's actually being found
by the search process from the VM [Note to Ian: You should probably remove
'.o' from the list of extensions to search for ;-)]

  Andreas
--
+===== Andreas Raab ========= (andreasr at wdi.disney.com) ==+
| Walt Disney Imagineering        Phone: +1 818 544 5016  I
I Glendale, CA                    Fax:   +1 818 544 4544  I
+======< http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab >========+