3D on Unix systems (was: A wrinkle in the release process)l

Joshua Gargus gargus at ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 22 01:54:04 UTC 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> Just another quick and probably dumb question... Is there a swiki page
> somewhere with instructions on how to build the 3d stuff on unix?  Or is it
> self documented in the classes themselves?
>
> Thanks...

Just read my last few messages to the list.  Let me see if I can remember
off the top of my head:

-do a 'B3DEngine translateB3D'  This creates the C sources you need.
-put these files with the rest of the VM source; they need some of the
header files.
-compile them
-link them into a shared library with:
 'ld -shared -o Squeak3D.so Squeak3D.o b3d*.o'
-move the resulting shared library into the same directory as your image

You're set!

Josh