Squeak & Mozilla

Kevin Fisher kfisher at rim.net
Thu Apr 29 15:27:31 UTC 1999

Well, at this point it was more of a 'suggestive thought' at the
moment...I'm currently a bit involved in a different Squeak-related
project, but I'd be interested in seeing the hooks for doing it...I may be
interested in giving it a shot!

I haven't looked at how Mozilla is doing plugins yet, but I know it's
going to be very modular...I believe it will use an 'external' JVM for
Java, which is what made me think of Squeak.  Oddly, I find myself using
Mozilla more and more these days even in it's pre-alpha state (out of
frustration with Nscape 4.5)..the new GTK+ interface (on UNIX) is slick.

On a side-related note, it looks like the GTK+/Qt-native port of Squeak
is dead...I revisited the web site and got the message that "QT and GTK
Squeak Smalltalk are no longer available. " :(

(see
http://www.informatik.fernuni-hagen.de/import/pi3/joerg/squeak/talktalk.ht
ml)

Does anyone know what happened?